Ranking Method: Based on Net Gains not working

Need Help on using StatsGenie v3? Check out this forum to see if your question is answered or post-it here.
Bug reports may also be posted here.
kungfauxn00b
Speed Limit
Speed Limit

Ranking Method: Based on Net Gains not working

Post by kungfauxn00b »

Hey, I've just checked the Stats page and it appears that the Ranking Method is reversed??

Scenario:
  • Created a test tournament with 20 players "Player 01, Player 02, ..., Player 20".
  • Busted them out in reverse order – Player 20 - 20th, Player 19 - 19th, ..., Player 01 - 1st".
  • Exported the tournament to SG.
Here's the SG rankings:
As you can see, it's listing Player 20 as #1, Player 19 as #2, ... etc.

Here's the SG League settings (left as default):

If I sort by Net gains (desc), the position in the list is correct but the cards at the top still list Player 20 as #1:

What am I doing wrong?

StatsGenie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ranking Method: Based on Net Gains not working

Post by StatsGenie »

HI,

the based on net gains method does not assign any points to tournaments, so you should create a ranking grid with primary sort on net gains.

If you use a tournament manager like "The tournament Director" and you have a ranking method configured inside your tournament manager software... The base on net gains and the "Manually assign points" in StatsGenie will import points from selected points method in your tournament manager to StatsGenie.

The "podium" cards in StatsGenie are always sorted by points, we will have to change this for leagues having the "Based on net gains" ranking method.

StatsGenie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by StatsGenie »

The sort order and top 3 position has been fixed for Net Gains based rankings in v2022-12-21.5

Let us know if you need more help

kungfauxn00b
Speed Limit
Speed Limit

Post by kungfauxn00b »

Awesome, thank you!