Importing Tournaments from Poker Mavens

Need Help on using StatsGenie v3? Check out this forum to see if your question is answered or post-it here.
Bug reports may also be posted here.
Supersonics
Dimes
Dimes

Importing Tournaments from Poker Mavens

Post by Supersonics »

My poker league uses Poker Mavens as the online software, and I have hand-entered over 200 tournaments now into StatsGenie. I'm getting to the point where I really need to explore a way to import these going forward as I'm spending so much time every week importing data.

What is the best way for me to approach an integration between Poker Mavens and StatsGenie? Can I send a standard download to Customer Support to see if they can recommend a solution, or should I look into paying a programmer to transform the Poker Mavens download into a format that you already have set up?

If there is a solution, I would be so relieved!

Thanks,
Supersonics

StatsGenie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Importing Tournaments from Poker Mavens

Post by StatsGenie »

There are a couple of scenarios that could be explored.

#1 -
StatsGenie offers WebServices for other products to connect and interact with the website, mostly for connecting to a league/season and importing tournaments automatically into StatsGenie. This would be the preferred approach, as it would be completely integrated in Poker Mavens. But would need more effort on Poker Mavens end to coordonnate WebService Integration and new tournament export format on their end.

#2 -
If they already offer a tournament export file of some sorts (Xml, Json, csv) and the details in the exported file are sufficient for your needs (ie: only rankings maybe?). We could explore adding a custom file format on our end to import from these files.

We would need to see an example tournament Export with all the exported columns/options to see the workload and let you know if this could be done in an acceptable time frame.

#3 -
Finally, if the 2 options above take too long to implement, we could provide you with the current Generic XML file format that StatsGenie accepts, this would allow you to build (or have someone build for you) some macros or some conversion from Poker Mavens file format, to our Generic XML Format, then you could use the Generic import to import your tournaments.

I Suggest we start by exploring option #2, if you could send to SupportSgv3@statsgenie.com an example of a full tournament export, we will evaluate workload and let you know if/when we could integrate this.

Supersonics
Dimes
Dimes

Post by Supersonics »

Wow, thanks! I submitted the Poker Mavens download to support.

StatsGenie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by StatsGenie »

Hi,

StatsGenie v3.15.12.5073 implemented just now offers a new "Poker Mavens - Light" auto-importation.

You can find this new feature under
- Manage Leagues main tab
- Import New tournament in left Menu options (you have to have a League AND Season selected for the option to be available)
- In the tournament importation page, select "Poker Mavens - Light import (*.txt) as your file format.
- Click on "Browse" and select the exported Poker Mavens txt file you wish to import to StatsGenie.
- Select your "Error handling by player options (Default options should be pretty much what you need)
- click on submit to import your tournament
- enjoy hours of time saved ;)
- Please note that the same file imported multiple times will generate multiple tournaments in StatsGenie and not update imported tournament. You will need to delete old tournaments manually if you re-import the same file more than once.

Also note that the import is "Light" because the exported Poker Mavens file is quite basic, so we don't have precise information on player eliminations, tournament rounds, game type / limit type etc... But it should give a good starting point.

Let us know if you have questions or in the highly unlikely event that you should find bugs :)

Cheers!

Supersonics
Dimes
Dimes

Post by Supersonics »

I just tested it out and it worked perfectly!

After manually entering 238 tournaments over the past 9 months, I am beyond excited and relieved to have an import option for Poker Mavens.

This is a game changer for me and instantly removes a lot of pressure on me when I know I will be importing 7 tournaments tomorrow for example.

Thank you SO MUCH!
Supersonics