Best way to set up a League

Need Help on using StatsGenie v3? Check out this forum to see if your question is answered or post-it here.
Bug reports may also be posted here.
Supersonics
Dimes
Dimes

Best way to set up a League

Post by Supersonics »

Hi, I am brand new to this software and I'm fumbling around trying to figure out the different features. I have some questions that I don't see answered in FAQ, or on this forum.

League Setup: I run a weekly Wednesday evening tournament with a group of about 14-18 guys, I also run a weekly Saturday tournament that I call the 'Main Event' and that will get up to 40 players. Not everyone who plays in the Main Event is invited to my Wednesday game, but all of the Wednesday Night players play in the Main Event.

Should I set up 2 different leagues on StatsGenie to accommodate this? If I do this, will the players in the Main Event who aren't invited to the Wednesday game be able to see that Wednesday League and activity?

Cash Management: I see there is a Cash Management section and it allows me to add Venmo, Paypal, Zelle, etc... I assume that I should track buy-ins through this, as well as payouts? Are there instructions somewhere on how to do this?

Thanks,

StatsGenie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Best way to set up a League

Post by StatsGenie »

Hi,

You have multiple ways to regroup your stats, you can create distinct leagues, seasons or even groupings within seasons.

If your wednesday games are completely independent from the saturday games, I would create 2 distinct leagues, so you can follow seasons independently afterwards.

Players can be created automatically if you import your tournaments from The Tournament Director or Dr. Neau's tournament manager. You might have to merge players that have played in both leagues so they have only 1 player account instead of 2, since players from one league will not match players from another league on tournament imports (Sounded clearer in my head... let me know if you need more help :)).

If you create your players manually, you will need to invite them to register and join your different leagues.

As for cash management, buyins and payouts are automatically tracked via played tournaments by player and for your leagues. So no need to add any of those manually. You might want to create categories for "League Fees / revenues" for example, or "Winner Pool" and input them manually if you wish to follow league finances more "publicly", be advised that "Finances" node will be seen by all players having access to your league, but "Personal Finances" only by your user.

If you need more help on specific issues, don't hesitate.

Supersonics
Dimes
Dimes

Post by Supersonics »

Thank you very much for the recommendation to set up multiple leagues.

The tournaments are run online through Poker Mavens, I receive the results in a text document, but you don't support that import type. I have entered the 30+ tournaments so far manually.

Do you happen to have a guide for using the Finance Section? I'm still confused by it, but I'm hopeful that it can be something I can start using to track all of these venmo/paypal/zelle transactions.

Thanks,
Supersonics

StatsGenie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by StatsGenie »

Ok,

seems the auto-finances work only with imported TD or Dr. Neau's tournaments.

Normally, after entering a new tournament, player buyins / payouts should register automatically and league finances also (Buyins + rebuys + addons - payouts).

We will look into this to make it available for manually entered tournaments also.

Supersonics
Dimes
Dimes

Post by Supersonics »

Oh wow, very nice to hear. Thanks!