Merging Players

Need Help on using StatsGenie v3? Check out this forum to see if your question is answered or post-it here.
Bug reports may also be posted here.
acomire
Dimes
Dimes

Merging Players

Post by acomire »

Hello,

I've been using StatsGenie for a number of years for a private poker league at my house. My buddy, who also runs a home league, has been using a different site for years to manage his stats. We both have a lot of the same players that join our games.

He just switched to StatsGenie and now we are running into an issue when trying to populate his users. If a player is already registered to my league, they cannot use their email with my friends league. I am looking to allow users to access both leagues and I know there is a way to do it, I just cannot find a definitive way to do it. I see a bunch of questions and suggestions in which to achieve this in the forums, but is there a guide or FAQ to do what I am looking to achieve?

Thanks
AJ

StatsGenie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Merging Players

Post by StatsGenie »

Hi Aj,

Normally, your friend should invite the players to join his league using their email address and the invitations management option:
  • - Manage Leagues tab
    - Select league/season in upper left "Manage Leagues" menu
    - Select Invitations Management in "League / Season" left menu
    - Click on "Invite a player" tab
    - Enter player "email" and click search to search for matching players
    - Check the "Invite" radio next to found players and click Invite
This will send an invite to the player, when the player accepts the invite, he will be assigned to the new league as well as all his previous leagues.

For this to work, your players need to have activated accounts (No virtual accounts)

If your players are activated, they can also use the "Ask access to a league" under "My Account" main tab => Ask access to a league in "My Leagues" left menu. Again, this needs activated accounts (no virtual acocunts).

If this does not work, let us know and we will help you assign your players to both leagues. If your players are all virtual players, we might need to update the data for you.