Event cancelled on it's own

Need Help on using StatsGenie v3? Check out this forum to see if your question is answered or post-it here.
Bug reports may also be posted here.
acomire
Dimes
Dimes

Event cancelled on it's own

Post by acomire »

Hello!

I have an event scheduled for Friday March 15th and today people were receiving emails that it was cancelled. I realize there is some automation setting that I missed when setting up my new season. I do have a 5 player minimum and there is only 4 registered now so I suspect that was the issue.

2 questions: How can I re-instate the cancelled event? And what is the setting I should change so this doesn't happen again?

Thanks
AJC

StatsGenie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Event cancelled on it's own

Post by StatsGenie »

Hi AJ,

There is no way to reactivate an event once it has been cancelled. You need to create a new invite.

The settings you wish to watch out for are:
  • In "General Informations" tab
    • Minimum / Maximum players
    • Minimum regular players
  • In "Event automations" tab
    • All automatic status changes, set = 0 if you wish to disable a status change
    • You could also uncheck the "Auto update event status", but this will disable all emails to accepted players to confirm event
Let us know if you need more help!

acomire
Dimes
Dimes

Post by acomire »

Martin,

Thanks for the reply. I am familiar with the settings that you mentioned. I am trying to understand what setting needs to be changed to stop the cancellation of the event 1 week prior to the event date if there was not enough people. I would like that to be 2 or 3 days prior to the event before it gets cancelled.

I hope I explained that right....

StatsGenie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by StatsGenie »

The settings you need to watch are most probably "Unknown to Declined" and "Provisional to declined". These will respond a "Decline" for every player that has not responded yet (Or is provisional for "Provisional to declined")

For example, if a player has not responded 5 days before event start, and you set your "Unknown to declined" 5 days (or more) before event start, the system will automatically decline that player and check if other constraints are still respected.

If by declining this player (or multiple players) there is no longer enough players to respect the minimums set in "General Informations", the event will automatically be declined immediately and accepted players notified that the event has been cancelled.

So, setting your minimums in '..*.. to Declined' to 2-3 days before event start should solve your problem.

Let us know if you need more help