Import players and emails pre initial tournament

Need Help on using StatsGenie v3? Check out this forum to see if your question is answered or post-it here.
Bug reports may also be posted here.
tim1942
Sailboats  
Sailboats  

Import players and emails pre initial tournament

Post by tim1942 »

I have a league that I am running that is about to start. We utilize the Tournament director to run the event, but want to use statsgenie to manage the stats and attendance. How can I import the list of players and emails so I can send out an invite to the first event?

StatsGenie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Import players and emails pre initial tournament

Post by StatsGenie »

Hi Tim!

If you already have all your player information in TD, the easiest way would be to create a "Dummy" tournament including all players and importing the tournament to StatsGenie.

When imorting In StatsGenie your "Dummy" Tournament (Under: Manage Leagues => Select League and Season in left Top menu => Import New Tournament) leave the "Error handling by player" options to default. (ie: Automatically create a player and Assign automatically to the league).

This will create your players with given information from TD tournament and assign them to your league. You will then be able to manage them via "Player Management" of your League/Season.

Please note that this will create "Virtual Players" (No account information for logins and editing their informations), if players wish to take control of their accounts, you will need to use the "Send virtual player infos" option.

Afterwards, don't forget to delete your "Dummy" tournament, all player information will remain untouched.

This is a bit of a hack... but should be easy enough to give you what you need .

Let us know if you need more help!

tim1942
Sailboats  
Sailboats  

Post by tim1942 »

I actually entered all as membership invitations - only 1 person out of 30 got it to work. I then entered some people as virtual and sent their info - they claim the links dont work or there are duplicates. How do we go about solving this now?

StatsGenie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by StatsGenie »

Hi Tim,

there seems to be a problem in the link format generated. I will contact you in private to get more information about your league and fix this for you.

StatsGenie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by StatsGenie »

This issue has been fixed in new release deployed on 2019-02-20 (v3.10.2103)