Event change during registration period

Need Help on using StatsGenie v3? Check out this forum to see if your question is answered or post-it here.
Bug reports may also be posted here.
acomire
Dimes
Dimes

Event change during registration period

Post by acomire »

Hello,

I have a template that I use for creating new events which has a default value of 18 open seats. During the registration period space became limited so I needed to limit this tournament to a single table of 9 players. I was not allowed to change the max seats as they were greyed out. So then, I clicked the close registration thinking I'd shut down the registration process but the next day 2 players accepted and were given seats. They weren't even queued, they were confirmed and now I'm in a bit of a pickle...

Is there a way for me to stop the registration process or to change the max number of seats while registration is open?

Thanks!!

AJC

JGuay
Cowboys
Cowboys

Re: Event change during registration period

Post by JGuay »

We tested the "Close Registration" button ourselves, and it had an error with it.

Has you have experienced sooner this week, players were still able to answer to an invitation if the event status was "Confirmed" before the registrations were closed manually.

We have just deployed a new version which corrects this issue.

We sincerely apologize for the problems you've encountered because of this issue.
Regards,
Julien Guay
http://hsopv3.statsgenie.com/

acomire
Dimes
Dimes

Post by acomire »

Julien,

Thanks for your reply. The problem I encountered was from this past Sunday 3/20/2016.

I'll give it another shot and thanks again for what you guys do!

AJC

acomire
Dimes
Dimes

Post by acomire »

Julien,

I am still having issues with this. I just received an error when trying to close an event. Since I could not close the event, I could not delete it either. Please help as I need to either shut down this even or be able to make changes to the seating capacity. Right now, I cannot do either.

AJC

JGuay
Cowboys
Cowboys

Post by JGuay »

In order to help you with the mentionned event, I will need the following informations:

- League Name
- Season Name
- The date of the event

Also, you mentionned you wanted to delete the event or make changes. Should we delete it or just give you access to this event in ordre for you to make changes?
Regards,
Julien Guay

acomire
Dimes
Dimes

Post by acomire »

Hi Julien,

My league is Comire Poker Tour and the event is scheduled for December 17th in the 2016 season. If you can delete the event that would be great. I would still like to know if the error I receive when trying to close an event can be fixed though....

Thank you
AJC

JGuay
Cowboys
Cowboys

Post by JGuay »

I will take some time to look at your event before deleting it (later today).

I will message you as soon as the event is deleted.
Regards,
Julien Guay

JGuay
Cowboys
Cowboys

Post by JGuay »

Ok, your event was deleted.

The reason why you were not able to delete the event is that you have clicked on the "Start Invitation" button. As soon as the invitations are sent, there is no way delete the event. You may cancel the event though.

If there is anything else, just answer back to this post.
Regards,
Julien Guay

acomire
Dimes
Dimes

Post by acomire »

Julien,
I appreciate your response but that is only part of the problem. I realize you cannot cancel or delete an even while the invitation process is going but I tried to stop the invitation process and received an error. I tried to post the pic here but could not. I tried to cancel it as well but could not (since it was still doing invitations)

Interestingly enough, when I tried to cancel I did receive an email that the event was cancelled but when looking at the website it was still active.

I appreciate your help but I do think there is something else going on here.

AJC

JGuay
Cowboys
Cowboys

Post by JGuay »

Hi,

This week, we tried to reproduce the issue you had with cancelling your event, without any success. We tried to reproduce this issue with our next version we are going to deploy next week. Not sure if it is because the new version corrects it or wether we are missing something.

What I suggest, is wait for the deployment of the new version (Which should be Tuesday at the latest).

Edit:
We just updated the website. You may now test if the issue is still there.
Regards,
Julien Guay