Unable to merge or edit some players

Need Help on using StatsGenie v3? Check out this forum to see if your question is answered or post-it here.
Bug reports may also be posted here.
jeff b
Speed Limit
Speed Limit

Unable to merge or edit some players

Post by jeff b »

I set up a new league last night and told players to begging requesting access. I had already imported most if our tournaments for the season. So I need to merge the new live players with the virtual ones from the imported tournaments. So far I've approved four players, two of whom I was able to merge with the corresponding virtual player, and if necessary, edit their player details. For the other two, the merge buttons were both disabled, and I was not able to edit the other fields (name, etc). Why is this? I need to at least do the merge for all of them and in some cases edit the names to match my Tournament Director software. Thanks.

JGuay
Cowboys
Cowboys

Re: Unable to merge or edit some players

Post by JGuay »

I would suggest that those players take a look at their profile ("My account" tab -> "Edit my Profile" from the left menu). in the "Other Options" tab, there is a checkbox named "Administrator's can access and modify my profile". It must be checked in order for administrators to edit the players information.

Only your players can check this option.

If this option is already checked, answer back to this post with the following information:
  1. - What are the names of the problematic players.
  • - What is your league name your are trying to merge these players.
  • - Anything other details you might think that are important.
If you do not wish to give these informations via the public forum, you can send us an email ("Support" tab -> "Contact Us" from the left menu), from the website. Just be sure to be logged in in order for us to identify you easily.
Regards,
Julien Guay
http://hsopv3.statsgenie.com/

jeff b
Speed Limit
Speed Limit

Post by jeff b »

Thanks. Is this also an option they can check while they're requesting access? It would be easier to tell them before they register than after.

JGuay
Cowboys
Cowboys

Post by JGuay »

They can check/uncheck this option at any moment. There is no importance if they either check it before or after requesting access to your league.
Regards,
Julien Guay

jeff b
Speed Limit
Speed Limit

Post by jeff b »

I mean in terms of explaining to people how to do it. Most of them are computer illiterate and it would be easier for me to give them instructions to check it while they're requesting access if that's possible.

JGuay
Cowboys
Cowboys

Post by JGuay »

Sorry for the misunderstanding,

We just created a FAQ on how to find this option. Here is the link to this topic : viewtopic.php?t=2017.

If you feel like there is some infos missing, we will be glad to edit the FAQ.
Regards,
Julien Guay

CruiseLite
Ladies
Ladies

Post by CruiseLite »

I'm having problems with being able to update a user's info even though he has checked the checkbox named "Administrator's can access and modify my profile"

There are other players as well but we can concentrate on this player for now.
I need to be able to change a user's email address and, if possible, their password.

The league is "KCMD - Regular Play" and the user is Ray G.

Please advise.

Thanks!

JGuay
Cowboys
Cowboys

Post by JGuay »

Hi CruiseLite,

Since Ray G. as activated his account, we cannot allow Adminstrators to edit his email. The main reason is that some players are part of several different leagues with different administrators. We don't want all administrators to be able to edit such important informations.

Ray G. should be able to edit his email if he needs to by logging into his account and editing his profile.
If he forgot his password, he should also be able to edit it by using the "Forgot password" link, on the login page.

Hope this help!
Regards,
Julien Guay