Used to be so simple

Need Help on using StatsGenie v3? Check out this forum to see if your question is answered or post-it here.
Bug reports may also be posted here.
jhisey
Hockey Sticks
Hockey Sticks

Used to be so simple

Post by jhisey »

I appreciate all the visual updates and customization ability in v3 but man do I miss v2. It was so simple and easy to use and I can't figure out the basic stuff I used to do.

For example, in v2 I could click on a tournament and the page would show me where people placed, what events occurred during the tournament, etc. How do I do that in v3? When I click on a tournament in v3, I go to an Individual Stats page but can't find anything specific to the tournament.

Also, how can I modify the current rankings Excel export? I want it exactly as it was in v2 as I import it into our monthly newsletter. I can't figure out how to add the # of tournaments or 3rd place columns.

I miss the simplicity and ease of use!

StatsGenie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Used to be so simple

Post by StatsGenie »

:shock: I was going to tell you the same functionality exists in v3, when you click on a tournament, the tournament page shows with all data, but decided to test it out first!!

To my surprise, this effectively shows the individual stats page. This is a recent bug and will be corrected rapidly!!

As for simplicity, there is a slight learning curve, but I really think once you play around with v3 a bit, you will find it is way more intuitive and easy to use....

We will keep you posted when the fix comes up for tournament information page.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

StatsGenie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by StatsGenie »

As for the excel export, the export will use the exact colums of your currently displayed rankings.

So if you need more columns, you will need to modify your custom rankings to fit your desired export settings.

StatsGenie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by StatsGenie »

Hi,

the links for tournaments has been fixed in version 3.02.01 just released. You should now be able to navigate to your tournament page and see the desired information :)

Let us know if you need more help.

jhisey
Hockey Sticks
Hockey Sticks

Post by jhisey »

StatsGenie wrote::shock: I was going to tell you the same functionality exists in v3, when you click on a tournament, the tournament page shows with all data, but decided to test it out first!!

To my surprise, this effectively shows the individual stats page. This is a recent bug and will be corrected rapidly!!

As for simplicity, there is a slight learning curve, but I really think once you play around with v3 a bit, you will find it is way more intuitive and easy to use....

We will keep you posted when the fix comes up for tournament information page.

Sorry for the inconvenience!
Ok, that's better! That's always the first thing I do so when I finally decided to move to v3 and it didn't work, it probably just gave me a bad taste for everything else I tried, lol. Thanks for the quick fix!