All Seasons Scoring?

Need Help on using StatsGenie v3? Check out this forum to see if your question is answered or post-it here.
Bug reports may also be posted here.
dullgeek
Cherries
Cherries

All Seasons Scoring?

Post by dullgeek »

After importing my V2 into V3, everything looks pretty good. The only problem is that All Seasons total score in V3 doesn't match up with All Seasons in V2. The number of tournaments played appears to be off by 3 for every individual. The All Seasons front page lists the correct total number of tournaments but each individual appears to have 3 fewer tournaments played, which (of course) results in an incorrect score.

If I go season by season, everything seems right. But All Seasons seems to be wrong.

Suggestions?

JGuay
Cowboys
Cowboys

Re: All Seasons Scoring?

Post by JGuay »

Some months ago, we realized there was a bug in the way v2 was calculating the number of tournaments. Since this version is going to be shut down very soon, we only applied the correction in v3.

The problem was that v2 was ignoring the "Top X Tournament" parameter (set by the League/Season management page). We noticed that 3 of your seasons have the "Top X Tournament" value set to 10. Naturally, this parameter affects all stats in the rankings page. It is only a coincidence if all users number of tournament count is off by 3.

If you want to get the old v2 stats, only set the "Top X Tournament" parameter to 0 in all you seasons, it should do the trick.

If there is anything else, do not hesitate to answer back to this post!
Regards,
Julien Guay
http://hsopv3.statsgenie.com/

dullgeek
Cherries
Cherries

Post by dullgeek »

Ok. So is there a way to have the default "All Seasons" take into account the top X tournaments but then also have an additional ranking that applies to "All Seasons" that ignores top X? I have an "All Tournaments" ranking but it doesn't appear that I can apply that ranking to "All Seasons".

JGuay
Cowboys
Cowboys

Post by JGuay »

To achieve this, you must create a new ranking. To access this page:

- Click on the "Manage Leagues" tab.
- From the left menu, click the "+" icon to the right of the "Rankings Management" DropDown list.

Make sure you select all seasons if you want to see this rankings in the "All seasons" node.
In the rankings management page, check the option called "Ignore % to be ranked", in the bottom section.
In the rankings management page, check the option called "Ignore % to be ranked", in the bottom section.
Rankings Management.png (88.98 KiB) Viewed 10607 times
Hope this help!
Regards,
Julien Guay
http://hsopv3.statsgenie.com/