Did finances change?

Need Help on using StatsGenie v3? Check out this forum to see if your question is answered or post-it here.
Bug reports may also be posted here.
CruiseLite
Ladies
Ladies

Did finances change?

Post by CruiseLite »

Hey folks,

Did something in the finances configuration get changed in the last version?
I don't seem to be able to view just my rake as I was in the past. If I go to finances for a specific season and filter on my category "OTT rake" I get "No records found"

I realize this is not a great description of the issue but I've looked at the version history and do not see anything related to finances listed but I don't seem to be able to view them like I did a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks for any assistance or information you can provide.

CruiseLite
Ladies
Ladies

Re: Did finances change?

Post by CruiseLite »

PS to above entry - I do see that I can add a finance entry and have done so for last nights tournament and now when I filter for category "OTT rake" that entry shows up.

That means none of my previous entries for the category are now showing though that I had entered in the past.

Again, thanks for any assistance. I know this is a complex system and things happen at times that are unexpected.

CruiseLite
Ladies
Ladies

Post by CruiseLite »

Here is some more fuel for the fire. :)
When I look at finances for "KC MD - REGULAR PLAY / 2015-Q1" the tournaments listed show 1 more player than actually played!

I specifically checked tournaments below but suspect all are incorrect:
20150110-G1-NLOM8 - [ KC MD - Regular Play / 2015-Q1 ]
20150110-G2-NLHE - [ KC MD - Regular Play / 2015-Q1 ]
20150110-G3-NLHE - [ KC MD - Regular Play / 2015-Q1 ]
and validated the original tournament in Tournament Director and all show the correct number of players.
The individual tournament information in SG seems to be correct; it is just something within the finances that is screwed up.

Okay, I'll quit looking for problems... for now... :)

Looking forward to hear what you think.

CruiseLite
Ladies
Ladies

Post by CruiseLite »

OK, I lied! :oops:

I went back and checked the number of players listed for every tournament this year across the 2 seasons I've used and it was just the very first 3 games that were incorrect. I deleted them and re-imported and now they show the correct number of players in the Finances screen.

JGuay
Cowboys
Cowboys

Post by JGuay »

We have been looking for your missing finances. After searching the datas, we noticed that the majority of your finances of the "Ott Rake" category are not assigned to any season, just the league. In fact, only your last finance entry is assigned to a season.

Since all other finances are assigned to the league, it will only show up in "All seasons" in the tree menu. We don't show the league finances in other seasons since we would be forced to assume that all seasons have received a deposit or a withdrawal of n$/numberOfSeasons, which we don't think would be right.

If there is anything else we can do for you, just say so! :)
Regards,
Julien Guay
http://hsopv3.statsgenie.com/

CruiseLite
Ladies
Ladies

Post by CruiseLite »

Okay, I do see where the finances are listed under the league for All Seasons and that must have been where I was looking before but for some reason did not last time I was looking. The amounts match what I expect so I'm cool.

Is there a way to change the existing entries and tie them to a specific season? I tried to edit one and it does not look like it is possible but maybe I'm in the wrong spot?

Not a big deal, I may go back and reenter them at the season level and delete the league level entries when I get a chance.

Thanks!

CruiseLite
Ladies
Ladies

Post by CruiseLite »

One more question - Is there a way to set the filter so that All is not selected by default and just the field(s) I desire are used?

JGuay
Cowboys
Cowboys

Post by JGuay »

Unfortunately, you cannot change existing finance binding with the league/season they are binded to. Do you need to change those bindings because of an error you got at some point? If so, we can offer you to correct your data in order to reflect what you were expecting.

As for your second question, you cannot save custom filters for your finances as of today. We will add this functionality to our "to do list" for a future update.
Regards,
Julien Guay
http://hsopv3.statsgenie.com/

CruiseLite
Ladies
Ladies

Post by CruiseLite »

Thanks for the information. I think I am good with the existing bindings but look forward to the custom filters in the future.