merging players

Need Help on using StatsGenie v3? Check out this forum to see if your question is answered or post-it here.
Bug reports may also be posted here.
SPTcommish
Speed Limit
Speed Limit

merging players

Post by SPTcommish »

I have 3 players that consistently I have to merge
pat Esposito
George lods
john denuto

I tried the merge option but that isn't working for me can you fix it on your end for season 10 2015

also how do I adjust points? I had 2 people knocked out at the same time with the same chip amount and have to give them the same points.

Thanks

StatsGenie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: merging players

Post by StatsGenie »

Hi,

First off, to modify your player points, you need to edit the tournament. To do so, follow these steps with an admin user logged in:
- Click on Manage Leagues
- Select League AND Season of the tournament you wish to edit
- In the tournament management drop down list below, select the tournament to edit and click on the pencil
- On the tournament Mangement page, click on the "Rankings" tab
- In the rankings list, click on the pencil of the player you wish to edit
- In the Edit Ranking popup, modify your player data and click save
- Click save to modify tournament.

This should do it.

For the merge option. If you are trying to merge a virtual player (no account) into a player with an account. The player receiving the merge must confirm it via the merge email that he should receive, otherwise, the merge will have no effect.

As for repeating the merge every tournament, make sure the name in your tournament management application matches the name of the player in StatsGenie, otherwise, we won't find a match and thus create a new virtual player. If this is the case, please send us an example tournament file at SupportSGv3@statsgenie.com with '[DSI-07253]' in the subject so we can investigate more.

SPTcommish
Speed Limit
Speed Limit

Post by SPTcommish »

Hi again, those 3 players have like 10 or more of their names in the player management section.anything you can do on your end to fix all of it.you need a degree from NASA to run this site.lol

JGuay
Cowboys
Cowboys

Post by JGuay »

We are trying to find the source of the error without any luck.

Would you be able to send us at least 2 files in order to test our tournament import? In the files, we need at least one of the above mentioned players to have played each tournaments.

Also, we are going to merge manually your duplicated players. It will be done by the end of this afternoon.
Regards,
Julien Guay
http://hsopv3.statsgenie.com/