How to change Displayname on a player?

Need Help on using StatsGenie v3? Check out this forum to see if your question is answered or post-it here.
Bug reports may also be posted here.
Eldorado
Cherries
Cherries

How to change Displayname on a player?

Post by Eldorado »

I am an administrator on my pokerclub.
On ver2 i could set the displayname for each player.

Now it seems that this is up to each player to set themselves. Is it a possibility that I as an administrator can set the displayname?
The problem now is that it is chaos between ordinary names and nicknames on the rankings, we would just like the nicknames as on ver2.
I can't find where I can change this.

StatsGenie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How to change Displayname on a player?

Post by StatsGenie »

Short answer: you can't... for now :shock:

Long answer:
As a league admin, you should only be able to edit player accounts that are either "Virtual", or accounts for players who have checked the "Administrator's can access and modify my profile" in the "Other Options" of their profile page. This is the actual behavior also in v2.

Now, if you do have access to edit your player profile, you should see this field and be able to edit it. This is no longer the case in v3, as with the profile picture and other critical information like userid, password and email.

We will leave the userid, password and email as is, but I Guess we should allow editing of display name and profile picture by league admins that have access to a player profile.

In the meantime, if you wish to send us the desired modifications (SupportSGv3@statsgenie.com) , I will make the changes for you, for players that you should have access only.

Hope this helps.

Happy Holidays

StatsGenie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by StatsGenie »

Hi,

version 13.15 implemented today now permits display name and avatar modifications for virtual players or activated players with the "Admin controlled" option checked.

Eldorado
Cherries
Cherries

Post by Eldorado »

Great! Thank You!