Hiding Finances and Previous Years

Need Help on using StatsGenie v3? Check out this forum to see if your question is answered or post-it here.
Bug reports may also be posted here.
jhisey
Hockey Sticks
Hockey Sticks

Hiding Finances and Previous Years

Post by jhisey »

This is a 2 part post:

1. Is there a way to hide the financial data for the members of my League? Right now I only use StatsGenie to import my tournaments from Tournament Director and I pull data from the Excel export to paste into a newsletter. We've been going for 9 years now and I was thinking about using Stats Genie for everything. However, I'm afraid if some of the players look at the finances page and have the amount of money they've lost over the years right there in one place, they might get discouraged and not play anymore. Just wondering if I can set it so anyone that looks at their stats in our league doesn't see the finance data?

2. I imported my league into v3 and checked all of the boxes to import all seasons but I only see 2014 data. Where do I see the previous years?

Thanks!

StatsGenie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hiding Finances and Previous Years

Post by StatsGenie »

Hi,
1. Is there a way to hide the financial data for the members of my League?...
We will add security for the "LEAGUE" finances. Admins will be able to set if league finances are visible to league members, admins only, or not used. This will not affect player's finances that show tournament finances + their own input. Even though we could restrict the "finances" tab for all league data, the player's statistics under "Individual Stats" or by tournament etc... would still show the player's full financial status.

Although a couple of admins have manifested the same worries about this point. Personally, I am not sure of the real impact this could have on players, aside from motivating them to better their play? For the most part, I think that poker players play as a hobby / social event. This could be compared to billiard players that "invest" hundreds of dollars for their weekly billiard. night. They know the cost, but keep playing because they have fun, after all, this is why we have hobbies, and rare are the hobbies that have a "no cost" tag these days....

On the other hand, I do believe that the added statistics / graphs and functionality of StatsGenie website does definitely add a little something to the poker league experience. :D

This being said, if we do get more concerns from our users, we will evaluate what we can do, but keep in mind that StatsGenie is first of all a "Stats" website focused on the players. Imagine we add an option for leagues to restrict finances, even for the players part. If a player is in 2 or more leagues, when he navigates to his personal finances, he would only see the information from 1 of the leagues, this would completely falsify his stats (Even more if he has good results in the restricted league VS the visible one....).

Feel free to give us more feedback on this issue.
2. I imported my league into v3 and checked all of the boxes to import all seasons but I only see 2014 data. Where do I see the previous years?
I think you found out, as after checking your league, I now see seasons down to 2006. Let me know if you need more help on this point