Editing an event shifts start/end times forwards by 4 hours

Need Help on using StatsGenie v3? Check out this forum to see if your question is answered or post-it here.
Bug reports may also be posted here.
Wils_152
Sailboats  
Sailboats  

Editing an event shifts start/end times forwards by 4 hours

Post by Wils_152 »

Hi. I have created an upcoming poker event starting at 19:00 and ending 23:00. However, the times save as 23:00 and 03:00 (the next day). To save the right times, I have to keep manually changing the date to 4 hours *before* the right time (so 15:00 start and 19:00 finish). This is a royal PITA, and it's even worse because as soon as the invites are sent, this time cannot be changed by me, howeverStatgenie has no problem WHATSOEVER in ADDING ANOTHER FOUR HOURS TO THE START AND END TIMES EVERY TIME I EDIT IT, which I then cannot change. The result is that right now, the event that should take place at 7pm on Friday is now taking place at 11am on the Saturday :?

As you can imagine, I'm using this app to make sending invites etc easier, and making things look more polished - but this is a real deal breaker for me.

Hopefully this can all be put down to me being new and not checking/unchecking some preference somewhere, but can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong, or what I need to do to get the times right? :D :D

Supersonics
Dimes
Dimes

Re: Editing an event shifts start/end times forwards by 4 hours

Post by Supersonics »

Just taking a stab in the dark on this one... but under your Manage Leagues tab, is the Country & State/Province set correctly to your region?
How about your address on the My Account tab, does that match your league location?

I have no idea if StatsGenie uses that info for time zone setup, but just incase it does use that, then make sure those match.

~ Supersonics

Wils_152
Sailboats  
Sailboats  

Post by Wils_152 »

Hi - yes, they're the same. Thanks for replying.

StatsGenie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by StatsGenie »

Sorry for the confusion this is causing you.

The good news is, this is not because your are new... We will need to validate and apply a fix.

I guess your are in the UTC time zone?

Wils_152
Sailboats  
Sailboats  

Post by Wils_152 »

Thanks for getting back to me. Yes, UTC time zone.

Wils_152
Sailboats  
Sailboats  

Post by Wils_152 »

Any update on this?

StatsGenie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by StatsGenie »

Sorry for late response, No update on this.

Events management is being deprecated and will be removed from StatsGenie. Thus this issue will not be adressed.

You will continue to be able to import tournaments and synced times from tournament imports should be OK. But you will no longer be able to create invites via the StatsGenie Website.

Sorry for the delays,