Invitation Link to Tournament

Need Help on using StatsGenie v3? Check out this forum to see if your question is answered or post-it here.
Bug reports may also be posted here.
Supersonics
Dimes
Dimes

Invitation Link to Tournament

Post by Supersonics »

Is there a way to copy/paste the Tournament Accept/Decline link so I can send this out in an email I create?

I am having an issue with people finding the StatsGenie generated emails, they are hitting their Spam/Junk folders. I have been trying for weeks to get everyone to check those folders. Being able to send the invite link would help me during this seat reservation stage.

Thanks,
Supersonics

StatsGenie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Invitation Link to Tournament

Post by StatsGenie »

There is no way to do this at the moment, as the links are custom built with auto-login for every specific player.

you could send a generic email to all players using the direct access link created for your league:
- navigate to Manage Leagues
- Below the presentation page, you have a "Direct link to your league" -> Click Select and CTRL-C to copy the link => Use this link in your custom invite email to redirect players to your league.

Another option would be to try to setup your own smtp server to limit spam issues.
- Manage League
- Edit League
- SMTP Configuration tab
- Uncheck "Use Default StatsGenie's SMTP
- Input your smtp server settings and save

Hope this helps, let use know if you need more help

Supersonics
Dimes
Dimes

Re: Invitation Link to Tournament

Post by Supersonics »

Thanks again for the response.

Great idea to send the direct link in my separate email. Hopefully that will help get people to Accept/Decline my tournament invites as there is a disconnect there with many of the players. Ideally everything would happen through SG so I wouldn't have to duplicate my effort.

This Saturday we will hit our 75th tournament since April 11th. Everything is loaded into StatsGenie and it is incredible to see all of our statistics. Our average tournament duration is 2hrs 5mins, so that's well over 150 hours of tournaments in 10 weeks!

I just wish more of my poker club members would take the time to look at everything that has been build in SG.

Cheers,
Supersonics