Biggest issue activating account

Please post all comments and suggestions on the new (or modified) features you wish to see in StatsGenie v3
Supersonics
Dimes
Dimes

Biggest issue activating account

Post by Supersonics »

I will typically build an account for a new player, than send them the link to Activate their account. By far the biggest issue I have noticed that causes a hangup is the City / State fields. For example, people will receive error messages saying State / Province: This field is required.

The address location info is on a different tab than the main fields, or maybe this is even more difficult to find on mobile?

I just thought you should know since I continue to see this. (I will usually try to fill those out in advance now, but I happened to forget the state field in this last one)

StatsGenie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Biggest issue activating account

Post by StatsGenie »

Thanks for pointing this out.

Field restrictions are different for virtual VS activated accounts. We will evaluate what can be done to simplify this process.

Supersonics
Dimes
Dimes

Post by Supersonics »

I went back in to that person's account and added the state field for them. I then asked them to try again, and they get the error message, "This link URL is no longer available."

Customer Service has helped me before, but can you send me the email / link to CS so I can request for help on this? (I forgot which email to use)

Thanks!
Supersonics

StatsGenie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by StatsGenie »

The activation links are good for 1 click only, this is why you are getting this error.

Customer Service is SupportSGv3@StatsGenie.com. Send us user information and we will gladly help!

Supersonics
Dimes
Dimes

Post by Supersonics »

Just submitted, thanks.

The 1x link now makes a lot of sense. Every player that had an issue had the same series of events... error message about Location Fields that they didn't see, then Link No Longer Active.

Your customer service has been so responsive on the prior ones I submitted, but hopefully this can be corrected going forward to save you and the new players some confusion and frustration.

StatsGenie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by StatsGenie »

User has been activated, let us know if you need more help.

We will check if making the links "clickable" more than once makes sense :)

Supersonics
Dimes
Dimes

Post by Supersonics »

Thank you very much for helping.

If that link was 'clickable' more than once, it would allow League Managers to help fill in missing fields and resolve issues without bugging your CS team. :)