Will my current structure be feasible still?

Please post all comments and suggestions on the new (or modified) features you wish to see in StatsGenie v3
dniezby
Speed Limit
Speed Limit

Will my current structure be feasible still?

Post by dniezby »

Using the V2 Statsgenie, I can group events and stats by location and by month and by season. Will this still be possible?

For example: If I want to look at the points for my play at Location X during the month of April...Or I would like to look at the whole month of May and see how much money I've made to date.

Do these scenarios sound like they would be fine in the new V3?

StatsGenie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Will my current structure be feasible still?

Post by StatsGenie »

Hi,

here is a brief overview of the SGv3 structure.

- All data will be regrouped under league / Season information (As in v1, except no more organization level, replaced by filters).
- You can create and manage as many leagues /seasons as you wish.
- For stats viewing, v3 uses a new powerful filter management that allows you to create unlimited "filters" containing any combination of leagues and seasons, for example all 2014 seasons of leagues x,y,z etc...
- Every filter offers a view of all matching leagues and seasons (individually), an "All seasons" for every league with more than 1 season, and a "All Leagues" grouping that groups every season of every league returned by the filter. (Sounds complicated, but in fact very graphical and easy to use ).

This being said, even though your setup would be feasible with a whole bunch of seasons, I am not sure creating seasons for every type of filter you wish to use is the way to go.

We would probably be better of adding some dynamic filter options per ranking allowing users to split rankings by date, location, game type etc...

This will be added to the backlog. Once SGv3 Beta is out, you will better understand the new way and will be able to give us the missing parts to make your setup work as expected.

Thank you