Using the e-mail templates

Need Help on using StatsGenie v3? Check out this forum to see if your question is answered or post-it here.
Bug reports may also be posted here.
skell01
Ducks
Ducks

Using the e-mail templates

Post by skell01 »

Apologize if this has been answered someplace, I have looked but did not find it.

I see all of the e-mail templates and have the ability to edit them, but I can't seem to use them. If I click event e-mails I get an e-mail that opens where I can add who I want to send it to, but the body of the e-mail is blank and there does not seem to be any place to select one of the templates to use. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

StatsGenie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Using the e-mail templates

Post by StatsGenie »

Hi Skell01,

The email templates are used for automated emails sent by StatsGenie (Forum posts, replys, invitation management, reminders, league request etc...).

For exemple, the "Event Invitation" Email template will be sent to all players invited to an event using the "Events Management" (Start Invitations button).

For the Send option you are talking about, you have an email template wrapper called "Personal Email" that you can edit, this will be used to construct the final email, but you will not see it when writing your email. Your message will be output as formatted by the {Message} variable in the "Personal Email" template.

Let us know if you need more help!

skell01
Ducks
Ducks

Post by skell01 »

Thank you very much. I now see how it should work. When e-mails go out, the directlink option does not populate my league link and the accept and decline options go to a page that says bad request. Any idea why I am seeing that?

StatsGenie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by StatsGenie »

Actually, I tested custom templates before answering your post and did an invite that had the link issues you are describing. There seems to have a ´http://hsop.statsgenie.com’ in front of the good generated links.

We will correct this for our next release. In the meantime, you might want to restore default template if you need to invite players....

Sorry for any inconvenience!

StatsGenie
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by StatsGenie »

Hi Skell01,

this issue has been fixed in latest version deployed 2019-10-11 (v3.13.3086).

Please let us know if you experience any other issues.